Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Holiday Hair

No Not the stop on the mall.
This Holiday Hair is truly HOLIDAY Hair.
Audrey's Mothers Day Out Program on Thursdays in a classroom filled with only girls, 8 of them to be exact, from 3 to 5.
And I wanted to do something super girly and super cute for them for the holidays.
I LOVE Hair bows and Barrettes.
I have made them since my kiddo had enough hair to gather up in one.
So, as I prepped to make some fun hair accessories for Audreys winter outfits, I figured why not make some for the other little ladies in her class...put them in a special box and VIOLA, a super special christmas goodie!

I already had LOTS of ribbon, so I stopped at Michaels and snagged a few embellishments to add. I stopped at CVS for curler clips...aka what I use as a barrette, also known as alligator clips, only small.
To make these you need only a few other craft supplies:
scissors
glue gun and sticks
ribbon
metal barrettes
ribbon
and any embellishment you want to add.  I chose snowmen, snowflakes, and white and red pointsettias.
First step is to cut ribbon to fit around the barrette and heat up the glue gun
Next step, place the ribbon back side up in between the clamp part of the barrette.
Like so:
Then, stick some hot glue on the top of the barrette and line up the ribbon. This will clamp the ribbon around the hot set of "teeth" on the metal barrette.

Now fold the ribbon over the back( with the barrette teeth closed).
and hot glue it closed to the back clamp part of the barrette.
Then, add an embellishment and let it dry.
ITS THAT SIMPLE!
Here are some that I had cut and laid out prior to starting the gluing process. This is a good idea., get everything prepped before you plug in the gun.
 
Then one by one, the cuteness started to come together.
I made matching pairs, one with a snowflake, and the other with a snowman.
Audrey even got in on the action. First as a model, and then she decided she could cut with her scisscors to help me.








The final results turned out super cute! 

No comments:

Post a Comment