Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Bug Em and Turkey Feather Treats

I promise to not update 2 times aday normally, unless like now I have something fun to share.
After Audrey got back from school, we were making a snack and I decided to try to incorporate the candy apple candy corns I got during grocery shopping.
So here goes, a remake of an old favorite:
Butter Square Pretzels
White Chocolate Candy rounds( baking section in a bag)
candy apple candy corn, brown white and orange....like a turkey feather.
Place the chocolate on the pretzel and soften in the oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes, or until soft, but not so soft it melts thru the pretzel.
Place candy corns, melt 1 more minute in the oven in they need to "stick" better.
let cool and keep cool.  These make great little treats to put in a small jar or bag and give out, or just to keep on hand to enjoy yourself....salty and sweet!
YUM.
Then, I remembered I have a few "Bugs" that Hallamrk had on clearance last year that are like little backpacks that you can fill with candy and they have poseable arms  to hold a card....so I filled up two; one for Nana and Pap that we will surprise them with tonight and one for Mrs. Janet, Audreys Mothers Day Out Teacher for tomorrow to go along with her class snacks.

So nice to surprise someone any day of the year!
Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment