Monday, November 26, 2012

Move over Panera....

And its not because of paninis.
Panera Bread has the best shortbread cookies on earth...its true! Ayt my old job, when Panera catered, I would grab the cookies with my lunch, so I didnt miss out.
But no more Panera, No More, for I have found the recipe to the most delectable and light shortbreads in the universe....thanks to allrecipes.com which is the best site for recipes, or at least in my opinion.
So today, that is what Audrey and I whipped up. It is just 4 ingredients, simple.
Cream together 4 sticks of butter, I use salted, with 1 cup of white sugar. Make sure the butter is soft before you start creaming it, makes it super easier.  A 2 teaspoons of vanilla. Mix it all together, or cream it as I said before.
Next you will sift in flour, my recipe says 4 cups, but seriously, I use about 3 1/4. My hand gets tired after 3 cups...lol...but again the recipe says 4 cups. Refrigerate it....DONT MISS THIS PART, it gives your dough the right consistency for shaping it and cutting it. You can freeze the dough also.  I would say fridge it for 2 hours at least.
Preheat oven to 350, plop your dough, cook for 12-15 minutes....VIOLA! Eat your heart out PANERA!  YUM!!!!
On the another cookie....COOKIE our Elf.
This morning, she had made paper chain links and hung them and garland from Audreys room and swung herself through one. Audrey never noticed her when she woke up at 5 am and crawled in our bed, but was sure excited to see her when she finally crawled out of our bed at 630.
We love foam paper, and the crafts that you can come up with our endless.
Today, we made reindeer for our tree.
What a day, whatta day!

No comments:

Post a Comment