Monday, March 11, 2013

Leprechaun Munch

I love to send goodies to the firehouse for my husband to share with "the boys".
Audrey and I enjoy cooking new things up together, and sending them to the fire station gets them out of the house after we have a small taste.

Today, I took a recipe that I found on Pinterest and put a fun spin on it.
I call it LEPRECHAN MUNCH!

Thanks to the local boyscout troop, I have LOTS of popcorn.This was the main ingredient of my concoction:

1 bag of Kettle Corn, pop it up.
Then, 1 bag of white chocolate melts...I already had green melts left over from Christmas Candy Making...go the green worked out even better.
Peppermint Patties, I broke up a bag full of the small ones
1/2 cupEaster Candy Corn, the stuff my kid wanted last week and I have had to hide from her
1/2 cup MM's, leftover from Valentines Party
1/2 cup Chocolate chips, because I could!

After popping the corn and laying it out over wax paper, I melted the chocolate in the microwave...I always add a tbsp of oil( any kind...to thin it out)
Then, I poured the creamy green chocolate over the popcorn and I tossed it around until the popcorn was completely coated, then I flattened it out. I let it sit for 1 hr. Broke it up off the wax paper into a fun bowl and tossed in all the other goodies.....YUM!!!
All with stuff we had at the house.

Leprechaun Goodness!
Enjoy UAFD Officers.

No comments:

Post a Comment