Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Small Batch Butter Cream Easter Eggs....hippity hoppity

And Yummity!
I follow recipes...but after making a treat so many times, I kind of fly out on my own and see what happens. Sometimes, it is a true failure. Other times, I am pretty pleased with the change.
I have been making Easter Eggs for like 3 years now. Peanut Butter, Coconut, Butter Cream...all covered in chocolate.
Yesterday, my husband brought home an egg from a local HUGE catholic church, and of course the ingredients were right on the packaging, so I got out what the list said in small portions and went to town.
1 package cream cheese
1 stick softened butter( make sure it is SOFT, it doesnt make for a good consistency if it isn't)
Powdered sugar, I didnt measure, i just know when I mix on high what it should look like...lol...my guess...2 to 2 1/2 cups.
1 tbsp of vanilla
1 tsp of salt
Mix em up... I use a hand mixer and a spatula...make sure it isnt chunky with either butter or cream cheese or sugar...no chunks.
If it seems to "thin", add more powdered sugar.
Spoon a heaping tablespoon onto wax paper, you should make about 12 egg mixtures.
THEN, YOU MUST WAIT!
You have to freeze the uncoated eggs  for a few hours until they are very firm and not sticky, so that they coat easily

Next, pour 1/2 bag of chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl with a little oil to keep the melted chocolate thin. Heat until smooth and think mix.
Plop the frozen eggs one at a time into mix, coat and place onto wax paper to dry.  THEN, YOU MUST WAIT AGAIN! Let the coating harden. No need to refrigerate.
EAT!!

2 comments:

  1. I am at 3 cups and I think that I need to add more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay,all if the recipes that I am finding online say to add 2 lbs of 10-x - I'll keep going!

    ReplyDelete