Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Busy Because we want to be Tuesday

Tuesdays are always slow at our house. Audrey is home with me all day. So we are always looking for something yummy to whip up or some new craft to try.
Today, we were in a frenzy...or rather I was in a frenzy while my overstimulated kiddo stared at me.  LOL
I was on a Pinterest Binge this morning, and I thought I could do like 100 things in 1 day...which we know I always try to do, and fail at.  But, wow do we have fun trying.
However, today we made a ton of fun things.
First, Chocolate Chow Mein Bird Nests with Cadbury Chocolate Coated eggs...SUGAR HIGH!
Take 2 bags of chow mein noodles, 1 bag of chocolate melts ( a lil oil to thin) 2 tbsp of PB, melt the chocolate and then melt the PB and then blend together. Mix in the noodles.
I placed them in cupcake liners and made a little middle like a nest.
Then, I filled the nest with 3 coated cadbury eggs.  so cute for a spring party!




Then, I took easter place cards and small cellophane bags. I filled some of the bags with 2 marshmellows, folded the placecard over the top of the bag, taped, and wrote Bunny Tails on the card. I filled the other bags with Jelly beans and I am going to take this great "Story of the Jelly Beans" that I found that talks about each color and the significance of Easter and I will put it inside the placecard.

Next, I decided to make Tres Leche cupcakes.  Good idea, until I poked the cupcakes to fill up with the milk mixture and they poured over. so I took the cupcake liners off and the cupcakes in a baking dish and poured the milk mixture over the cupcakes. It makes them easy to serve.  SO YUMMY! Seriously, so yummy! I toasted coconut flakes and put them on top.  It is in the fridge chillin and will be super good for the UAFD boys tonight.

Then, I decided to make an Easter Vase with my kids handprint. I remember reading this poem somewhere about picking wildflowers for Mommy and I cant find it...but I will.

Whew, A day of crafting bliss!


No comments:

Post a Comment